Masterclass in Sustainable Health Systems
Online Course: Self-directed learning + four online sessions
Online content available: October 1- 29, 2020
Weekly sessions: Thursday, October 8, 15, 22 & 29, 5:30-7:00 pm EST
Follow-up session: January 2021 (date TBD)
Tuition: $250 plus HST*
*If cost is prohibitive, please contact us as some subsidies are available
The Masterclass in Sustainable Health Systems is a professional education program for frontline staff, administrators and leaders within care delivery, professional, and support organizations with an interest in high quality, low carbon care. This year, the program is being offered online by the University of Toronto’s Centre for Sustainable Health Systems in partnership with Dalhousie’s Healthy Populations Institute.
Through self-directed online learning and weekly Zoom meetings, participants will gain knowledge, develop skills, and forge collaborations that will help them advocate for and participate in a shift toward a more environmentally sustainable health system.
A certificate of completion will be awarded at the end of the course.
PART I: Motivating Change: Inspiring a shift toward sustainable healthcare
- Week 1: The Case for Change: What is “sustainable healthcare” and why do we need it?
- Meeting: Thursday, October 8th; 5:30-7:00 pm EST
- Week 2: Communicating the Need for Change: Strategic sustainability messaging
- Meeting: Thursday, October 15th; 5:30-7:00 pm EST
PART II: Making Change: Innovating a shift toward sustainable healthcare
- Week 3: Quality Improvement: Approaching sustainability through a QI lens
- Meeting: Thursday, October 22nd; 5:30-7:00 pm EST
- Week 4: Measurement: Quantifying the need for change & evaluating its impact
- Meeting: Thursday, October 29th; 5:30-7:00 pm EST
For more information, visit: https://www.sustainablehealthsystems.ca/events/masterclass-in-sustainable-health-systems